On May 15th, Allegheny County, where Veterans Place of Washington Boulevard is located, along with 12 other counties, will move into the yellow phase. Governor Wolf said that in this phase, people still need to be cautious and remain aware of their actions and how they affect those around them.
The yellow phase still includes workplace and social restrictions, including:
Work & Congregate Setting Restrictions
- Telework is required to continue where feasible
- Businesses with in-person operations are required to follow business and building safety orders
- Childcare facilities will open complying with guidance
- Congregate care, and prison restrictions will be in place
- Schools remain closed for in-person instruction
- Stay at home order lifted
- Gatherings of no more than 25 people are permitted
- In-person retail is allowed, but curbside and delivery are preferable
- Indoor Recreation, Health, and Wellness Facilities and Personal Care Services such as gyms, nail salons, hair salons and businesses that provide massage therapy as well as all entertainment such as movie theaters and casinos will remain closed
- Restaurants and bars limited to carry-out and delivery only
Veterans Place has remained open to serve veterans throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, implementing safety protocols and proper protective wear to keep staff and veterans safe. As we move into the yellow phase, Veterans Place will continue to follow CDC and DOH guidelines for cleaning and social distancing to ensure the transition into the yellow phase is completed with the safety of veterans in mind.
Donate Today to Help our Veterans Through the COVID-19 Crisis
Your continued support is crucial to our mission of serving our veterans safely and effectively during the COVID-19 pandemic. As we remain open and transition into the yellow phase of Governor Wolf’s plan to reopen the state, we ask that you make a donation to our COVID-19 Emergency Response Campaign to help us cover the costs that keep our doors open during these uncertain times. Your generous donation will directly benefit a veteran in need and will help us cover the costs of:
- Dedicated staff working round-the-clock
- Cleaning supplies, masks, and sanitation products
- Canceled fundraising events that provide crucial operating funds
Join our community of supporters by making a donation today to help us keep our doors open and continue providing valuable services to the veterans in the Pittsburgh region. Please visit our COVID-19 Emergency Response Campaign Page to donate.
Thank you for your continued support. Stay Safe and Stay Healthy!