- Company: Veterans Place of Washington Boulevard, Inc.
- Base Pay: Based on Experience
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Social Services, Non-Profit
- Manages Others: No
- Benefits Eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision and simple IRA
- Job Type: Program Assistance/General Service
- Reports To: Deputy Executive Director
- Required Experience: 2-3 years of field related experience
- Location: 945 Washington Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Veterans Place of Washington Boulevard is looking for an energetic, high functioning, organized individual who can handle multiple tasks all while maintaining a positive can-do attitude. The role of Operations Assistant is critically important to the high functioning of our organization. The Operations Assistant will play a key role in coordinating and managing Veterans Place’s organizational systems and administration, Executive Schedules, event coordination, etc. As such, is responsible for ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of Veterans Place. In this role, the Operations Assistant will gain valuable experience, and build skills and knowledge in a variety of functional areas within nonprofit management.
The position requires an individual who is flexibility enough to assume a variety of roles as dictated by the changing needs of our Veterans. It is crucial that an individual be able to relate well to others and handle administrative responsibilities. The Operations Assistant is more than just a friendly presence; she/he is the crucial link in creating an environment in which our Veterans heal, grow and prepare to re-enter society as productive, self-sufficient individuals.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license to apply for and retain this position. Veterans Place seeks candidates who enjoy working in a community setting and fostering a vibrant, sober community. Given the importance of sobriety, applicants are required to adhere to our drug and alcohol-free facility policy.
- Assist both Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director in short- and long-term duties
- Coordinate meetings and Outlook calendars for both Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director
- Update and distribute staff schedule
- Update daily/monthly calendar in front lobby with program events
- Oversee ordering of office supplies and be key person for organizational ordering.
- Able to drive when needed.
- May be asked to assist with veteran transportation occasionally.
- Communicates important and arising issues to Deputy Executive Director and, where needed, participates in development of an appropriate course of action.
- Communicate policies and the rationale behind them to residents.
- Participate in administrative, staff, clinical, and in-service activities and training as Required.
- Act as liaison between Executive Director and board of Directors.
- Work with Administrative assistant to coordinate all administrative needs.
- Assist with communication between organization and outside vendors for large technical issues regarding facility and equipment
- Help coordinate day to day on goings of facility
- Serve as special events coordinator for organization (encompasses on and off-site events, not limited to community and larger fundraising events)
- Assist in grant writing proposals, preparation and submission
- Assist in preparation and implementation of new programs, technology, and services
- Activity coordinator for facility
- Coordinate with outside vendors on contracts, renewals, etc.
- Two years of professional work experience
- Superior organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to manage multiple, detailed projects and drive toward deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal maturity, poise, and professionalism
- Unwavering commitment to service and customer orientation
- Team player who demonstrates a positive attitude, energy, entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to collaboration, and sense of humor
- Command of Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated commitment to Veterans Place’s mission; prior experience with education programs desired.
- Ability to relate well to others and handle administrative responsibilities.
- Veteran status preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Veterans Place of Washington Boulevard, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer