Transitional Housing Case Manager
- Base Pay: Salary Based on Experience
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Social Services, Non-Profite
- Reports to:T ransitional Housing Coordinator
- Manages Others: Transitional Housing Coordinator
- Yes – Volunteers and other non-staff workers
- Job Type: Social worker/Counselor
- Required Education: Masters of Social Work /Psychology(equivalent in experience)
- Required Experience: 3-4 Years
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Position Purpose and Requirements:
The Transitional Housing program at Veterans Place provides up to two years of residential
Support for Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. The Case Manager is the
Person with primary responsibility for working with Veterans Place residents to set and track
Personal goals, sustain a healthy lifestyle, and progress toward independence and permanent
Housing. This person will work as the center piece of the Transitional Housing team and
Coordinate services for residents via other Veterans Place staff and partner agencies, including
The Veterans Administration.
- Conduct assessment interviews with veteran clients
- Assist veterans with the creation and implementation of Individualized Development Plans (IDP) which incorporate housing, employment, educational and income/financial goals.
- Track Veterans’ progress and modify IDPs when necessary.
- Assist Veterans in accessing educational services in the region.
- Assist with Veterans licensing and certification programs.
- Assist with coordination of resources within the continuum of care.
- Assure program compliance for all veterans
- Assist and monitor all community activities within scope of program.
Transitional Housing Case Manager (Continued):
- Perform case finding functions and outreach, identifying and screening patients for Psychosocial needs.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments and develop treatment plans in collaboration with the Veteran and other provider organizations including the Veterans Administration.
- Coordinate referrals of Veterans to the Veterans Administration and other community based Providers for additional services based on needs and eligibility (this includes Expanding the existing referral network as necessary).
- Exercise and coordinate a variety of individual and group counseling techniques that are Evidence based and demonstrate good clinical practice.
- Maintain case records in accordance with program guidelines and professional Requirements.
- Implement legal and ethical standards of service delivery, privacy and confidentiality, Complying with all applicable regulations.
- Take part in community events related to Veterans employment.
- Facilitate housing search with Veterans clients.
- Coordinate supportive services with applicable providers including the Veterans Administration.
- Ensure that Veterans Place employment and training services are synchronized with other Community activities.
- Oversee the delivery of services within the scope of this program and make recommendations to The Veterans Place Transitional Housing Coordinator for further Development and refinement of the program. (Responsibility for coordination of services and Supervision of volunteers and related staff will be shared with the Transitional Housing Coordinator).
- Work closely with the VA Grant and Per Diem Liaison to ensure a high quality of Services.
- Work with the after-hours staff to develop and support community building activities During non-business hours.
- Deliver training on employment and financial topics to Veteran clients.
- Prepare reports as requested by other Veterans Place and Veterans Administration staff.
- Participate in administrative, staff, clinical, and in-service activities and training as required.Prepare written reports and complete documents as requested by the Transitional Housing Coordinator.
- Communicate policies and the rationale behind them to residents.
- Inform other agency staff members of relevant matters related to the Transitional Housing Program.
- Participate in administrative, staff, clinical, and in-service activities and training as Required
- Master of Social Work Degree from accredited institution required; Licensed Social Worker in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania preferred.
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working directly with the homeless population strongly preferred.
- Veteran status preferred.
- Experience working with Veterans Administration preferred.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.