At Veterans Place of Washington Boulevard, we would like to thank our community of supporters for their generous donations on Giving Tuesday and support throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Veterans Place remains devoted to the health and well-being of the veterans in our region by remaining open and ready to serve. We continue to pick up homeless veterans from shelters and the streets each day to provide them with a hot meal and other in-person, face-to-face services at our campus on Washington Boulevard.
We believe our veterans should be safe during the pandemic and believe you should be safe too, which is why we have put together a few tips to help you stay safe and slow the spread of COVID-19.
Tips for Staying Safe During COVID-19
Whether you are remaining home or need to venture out to public places for groceries or other errands, these tips will help you do your part in helping to stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash Your Hands – This should be done often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. You should especially wash your hands after being in a public place, after blowing your nose, as well as after coughing or sneezing. You will want to avoid touching your nose, eyes, and mouth with unwashed hands. If you don’t have soap and water readily available, be sure to use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid Close Contact – You will want to avoid close contact and practice social distancing guidelines, keeping at least six feet or two arms lengths away from others, especially with people who are sick.
- Stay Home and Stay Connected – Avoid non-essential travel and stay connected to loved ones through a phone call, social media, text messages, and video calls.
- Use Cloth Face Covers – When you are around others or in public, use a cloth face cover to protect others in case you are infected. Do not use face covers on children under the age of 2, those with trouble breathing, or someone who is unable to remove their mask without assistance. Avoid using facemasks that are meant for healthcare workers.
- Clean and Disinfect – Surfaces that you frequently touch such as light switches, countertops, doorknobs, handles, tables, etc., should be cleaned and disinfected daily.
Donate Today to Help our Veterans Through the COVID-19 Pandemic
The continued support of our community is important for our veterans during this pandemic. Due to the shortage of resources available to veterans in the area, we have seen our numbers of veterans served increase since the beginning of the pandemic. Last month, we served 54 veterans at our Veterans Resources Center in addition to the 48 veterans in our Transitional Housing that we house and provide services to every day.
As we remain open to serve our veterans effectively and safely, we ask that you make a donation to our COVID-19 Emergency Response Campaign to help us cover the costs of:
- Cleaning supplies, masks, and sanitation products
- Dedicated staff working round-the-clock
- Canceled fundraising events that provide crucial operating funds
Join our community of supporters during these uncertain times of the COVID-19 pandemic by making a donation to help us continue to serve our veterans during this crisis.
Your generous donation helps to keep our veterans and staff safe as we continue to provide veterans with the services they need. Please visit our COVID-19 Emergency Response Campaign Page to donate.
Thank you for your continued support. Stay Safe and Stay Healthy!
Latest posts by Rob Hamilton (see all)